Thursday, October 8, 2015

Bake Sale

   Tomorrow, the elementary school that my kids go to is having it's annual Fall Festival. It's the biggest fundraiser for the year, and this year they are going all out. They are having a rock wall, inflatable slides and obstacle courses, a magic show, a book fair, dancing, games, food, and a silent auction for some amazing prizes. For the past few years, the Ball Room Dance group at the school also does a bake sale at the festival. My son is a proud Ball Room Dancer and so I do what I can to support him and the group in any way I can. My task today is to bake copious amounts of goodies for the bake sale. So, while I know these things aren't healthy, and they don't fall in line with my healthier lifestyle that my family and I have been living recently, I am making desserts. I actually had to make a run to the store to buy some white flour, because I haven't had a need for it since I made Ramona's Cinnamon Rolls. We only keep 100% Whole Wheat Flour in the house anymore.
  So, after I got everything together, I decided to make a few of my favorite sweet indulgences that could easily be portioned out for sale at the festival. These are the recipes I decided on:
Texas Canyon Lemon Bars, Snickerdoodle BlondiesNutella Pumpkin Swirl Bread (that I'm actually making as little muffins), Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, and Pumpkin Scones with a Maple Glaze (I replaced the sweet potato in this recipe with pumpkin and added 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice). I love these recipes and I'm sure they'll stand out from the usual chocolate chip cookies, and store bought cupcakes sold at your everyday bake sale.
   If you try any of them, or have a favorite, let me know! What's your favorite thing to eat/buy at a bake sale?

Texas Canyon Lemon Bars,



Pumpkin Scones with a Maple Glaze
(Sweet Potato Pecan Scones with a Maple Glaze)


No comments:

Post a Comment