Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Watermelon Juice

      Whether you want to squeeze every last drop out of summer, or you are looking to escape the heat, this "recipe" is for you.
      I needed something quick and delicious on a hot summer day and this was it. It was great by itself, but is also a nice addition to the Anne of Green Gables Lemonade I made a few weeks ago. Watermelon Lemonade, yes please!
     This recipe is "stupid easy" as Paula Deen would say. There'r only one ingredient and just a couple steps. Isn't it nice when things work out that way? Not a lot of work for a big pay off!

Start by putting some watermelon chucks into a food processor. I was only making enough for one glass (pictured above) so I used my mini food processor.

Just puree the heck out of it, until it is smooth.

Pour it into a fine mesh strainer situated over some sort of recieving vessel (I just used a bowl).

The juice will strain through and the pulp will stay on top.

When it was all strained, I got a little over a cup of juice from my 2 cups of watermelon chucks.

Now, you have choices here. You can add it to lemonade, as I stated earlier. You could put it into a 8x8 baking dish, place it in the freezer and scrape it with a fork ever 30 minutes (then you would have "granita"). You could also put this in an ice cream maker and make watermelon sorbet. Or, if it's hot outside and using a food processor was all the work you wanted to accomplish this hour, just pour the juice over ice, stick a straw in it and call it done! :)

Here's the "recipe" (if you can even call it that)

Watermelon Juice

Cubed watermelon (I used 2 cups to get 1 cup of juice)

Blend the watermelon in a food processor until smooth. Strain using a fine mesh strainer, and catch the juice. Serve over ice or in a number of other dishes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment