Thursday, June 14, 2012

Nutella and Banana Stuffed Biscuit Muffins

When I made my Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Biscuit Muffins I decided that I wanted to stuff my left over 2 biscuits (I usually just bake them up plain.) And of course, one of my first thought was Nutella - that amazingly wonderful chocolate hazelnut spread. I also thought that bananas would be good. Really there is no limit to what you can stuff inside a biscuit.
It couldn't be easier, and it's very scrumptious! I will definitely keep making stuffed biscuit muffins, with different combinations. This one has to be one of my favorites, though!

All you need is bananas, Nutella and 1 can of Grands Flaky Layers Biscuit dough (8 per can).

Open the can,

and split each biscuit in half horizontally, using the flaky layers as a guide. You will end up with two thin biscuits.

Roll or press each half until they are 4-5 inches across and about 1/8 inch thick.


All that's left to do now is stuff them!
I put almost a Tbsp of Nutella down, and then four slices of banana. - Right in the center of the dough.


I also tried peanut butter with chocolate chips. (After baking I wished I had added banana to this one too.)

Just take the edges of the dough, and fold it up and to the center. Press the edges of the dough together to seal shut.

This is what it looks like all wrapped up. Just place them seam side down into a muffin tin.

It goes into a preheated 350F oven for 15 minutes, of until golden brown. (If you didn't seal the bundles  completely, some of the Nutella will ooze out. That's OK. It still tastes wonderful - it's just a little messy. :) - Remember I'm only doing 4 sweet biscuit muffins, because I did the other 12 as Sausage Egg and Cheese Biscuit Muffins.

They are VERY hot, so let them cool in the pan for at least 5 minutes before eating!

So gooey and delicious!

In case you were wondering, this is how the peanut butter chocolate ones came out.

Here's the recipe:

1 can of refrigerated Grands Flaky Layers Biscuit dough (8 biscuits per can)
Nutella
Bananas, sliced in 1/4 inch rounds

Preheat oven to 350F. Split each biscuit into half horizontally, to make 2 thin biscuit halves. Flatten or roll out each half into a disk that is 4-5 inches across and about 1/8 inch thick. Place about 1 Tbsp of Nutella in the center of each disk of dough. Then layer 4 banana slices on top. Pull the edges of the dough up and to the center, sealing the dough to itself so there are no holes. Place into a greased regular size muffin tin, seam side down. Bake @ 350F for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. - Get creative and fill with anything you can imagine!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the easy yummy recipe ..it was perfect to make with my 5yr old

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! Cooking with your kids is so important. I hope you guys enjoyed it! :)

      Delete