Saturday, April 7, 2012

Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs



With it being the day before Easter, I'm making hard boiled eggs so I can decorate them with the kiddos. I used to have trouble with getting the "perfect" hard boiled egg. I would either over cook or under cook them, but now I know how to make them just right. If any of you are having trouble with this simple dish, here is how you do it.

Put your eggs into a pot - it doesn't matter how many.
 Cover them with cold water.
 Put them on the stove, and bring the water up to a boil When it's at a light boil, . . .
 Put the lid on, turn the heat off and set your timer for 10 minutes.
 When ten minutes is up transfer the eggs to an ice bath to stop the cooking.
 Let them stay in the ice bath until cool.
 Peel and you have the perfect hard boiled egg. Easy huh?

(I cut my egg open with a serated knife, so you can see all the lines the knife left behind. hehe)

Here's the recipe (more like directions):

Perfect Hardboiled Eggs

Gently put eggs into a pot. Cover with cold water. Put the pot on the stove and bring the water to a boil. When it boils lightly, put the lid on and turn the heat off. Set your timer for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, transfer the eggs to an ice bath and let cool.

1 comment:

  1. The new Egg Stripper peels 5 hard boiled eggs in under 10 seconds
    I purchased on HSN
    It works great for peeling multiple eggs in seconds
    Genius!!

    ReplyDelete